Here’s the info on winter shipping policies:
- We do not ship if low temperatures in the 10-day forecast are predicted to be below 26 degrees F at the destination or en route.
- We automatically ship with a 72-hour heat pack if 10-day low temperatures are predicted to be in the mid 30s F or lower at the destination or en route. If you have ordered cold-sensitive plants (e.g., Phalaenopsis), we may decide to include a heat pack at higher temperatures.
- If your temperatures are above the ranges given and you think you need a heat pack, you can order one for $2.50.
- If you are worried about plants delivered to an outdoor location, you can request that your package be held at your local post office for pick-up. You can e-mail or write this in the comments section of your order.
- If you are located anywhere in the Midwest or East Coast, chances are that your plants will be routed through Chicago or Denver, where temperatures may be very cold even if your weather is warm. We will hold plants if any possible transit points are too cold.